ANNOUNCING! NEW CEU RULES EFFECTIVE 3/27/23
To read the announcement please visit this link: LINK
*You must be physically present at an event or conference for it to be category I*
LINK to resources for APTA Utah members:
- CEU Tracker
- Detailed Description of Categories
- CEU Tracker & Application
- Decision Tree
- & More tools and resources!
Saturday, April 22nd
8:00 AM - 9:30 AM - Keynote - Continuing Education Committee
"We Hear You! What APTA Utah is Doing to Remove Barriers to Licensure Renewal."
Jeff Busjahn, Bureau Manager at DOPL, Greg Martinez, DPT & Darren Neeley, DPT
LINK TO REGISTER
Read DOPL's rules for CEUs on their website: HERE
If you still have questions regarding CEU requirements you can email DOPL directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 801-530-6628.
For additional information, visit the Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing website.
Here are some frequently asked questions about CEUs:
- Each PT is required to have a total of 40 CEU during each 2-year licensing cycle. PTAs are required to have a total of 20 CEU.
- Each PT or PTA is required to have 2 CEU of "ethics or law" training, which can usually be earned at the Spring and Fall APTA Utah conferences.
- Renewal cycles are up in May of odd years.
- "Approved hours" means that the hours have been approved by APTA Utah, APTA, or another accepted accrediting body.
- Each contact hour of continuing education shall consist of not fewer than 50 minutes of education."
- Not all PTs/PTAs will be required to provide proof of continuing education. 8-10% of license applicants will be audited.
- If you take a course that has not been accredited, you may do so by submitting it to APTA Utah. LINK TO SUBMIT APPLICATION FOR CREDIT
This is just a short list of FAQs. Please read the Physical Therapy Practice Act Rule for additional details. If you have questions or concerns, you may email DOPL via email at email@example.com or phone at (801) 530-6628.
APTA Utah Learning Center
The APTA Utah Learning Center allows you to register and complete online courses anytime, anywhere. You can store CEU certificates on demand and track your progress in meeting Utah’s new CEU requirements. There are 30 + courses available which are interactive online learning experiences.
Visit HERE to see what courses are available.